Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ball Craze and 4th Grade Mall





First of all, can anyone tell me what this ball craze is about? All I have heard about for weeks is about these glitter balls. Apparently the lady over the toys at Walmart said that they can't even keep these balls in. THEY COST $8.00! Me being the cheapo mother that I am told Aspen that if she wanted one and if we could ever find her one she would have to buy it. I mean come on $8 bucks for a rubber ball with glitter in it come on! The balls are sold out everywhere. Every time we are at Wal-mart we have to look to see if they have any and we were in luck last night, Brooke found her a ball! It was the last one even. Aspen is so happy as you can see she went to bed with it. :)
Aspen also had a 4th grade mall. The kids have been earning money all year to spend at the mall. Aspen had a store with her friends Abbey and Sara. It was called "The Groovy Smoothies" It was really fun and all of their stuff sold in their store plus they were able to go out and go shopping and spend their own money. Aspen came home with some fun things. I had to take a pictue of these cute duct tape bags that one store was selling. Aspen tried to get one but they were all sold out. So now Brooke told Aspen that she would help her make one. They mall was really fun and kids were selling all sorts of things from old toys, dvd's, candy, hot Little Caesar's pizza, drinks and more. One of my friends boys Tyler came home with a working Game Cube! The kids all had a blast and it was fun to be there helping Aspen and watching all the kids buy some fun stuff.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The White Clan said...

I miss my girlies so much! Tell Aspen I said hi!

And if Mason asked for an 8 dollar bouncy ball I would laugh in his face!

The Heaton's said...

I have not heard of the ball craze yet! Wow, someone is padding their pocket! Our kids do the "store" at their school as well and absolutely love it! It's a BIG thing! I love to see what they come home with!

Erin said...

Yeah these balls are crazy! I bought three glitter ones and then was told by my boys that they wanted the non-glitter ones. (By the way, if you check UNDER the shelves at Walmart alot of them get thrown under there!)So, we now have 3 glitter and 3 non-glitter! You can add that up!! My boys did extra chores for theirs. And that would be my son with the game cube! Amazing!! He is so proud of himself for that buy! But...he wants to go trade it in for more games for his Playstation 3 system and Rockband! Thanks for teaching Tyler about bargaining too Ang!! hehe

Anonymous said...

Wow when you find out what the ball craze is all about let me know. I can't believe they are worth that much! Can they wipe your bottom for you? I can't think of anything more ridiculous. good thing you are such a great mom!

Hardy Family said...

hey Ang, Kayli & Rilee was able to find one of those balls 2-3 weeks ago, what sucks is Kayli took it to school the very next day,and it was stolen! I was so mad!

April Leydsman Mason said...

This ball craze sparks my interest. Sounds like the magic 8 ball craze that happened when i was in school. Totally crazy. I'm so with Amy..... if you are gonna pay 8 bucks for that thing it better be able to wipe your bottom for you.

AnnaleeMG said...

I guess that's one good thing about homeschooling...the kids don't get sucked into the crazes as easily! Really cute bag!!

btw-I made the cupcake butterflies with white melting chocolate mixed with food coloring. I made templates and put wax paper over and used baggies for each color, cut the tip and had at it!